Friday, December 29, 2006

"selfless" pitch

This is an idea for a long-form (30-50 issues) sci-fi/fantasy action comic I would love to write. I already have the first script finished for this one, and I need an artist. If you dig the idea of the story and would like to illustrate it, or even discuss it as a project, please let me know here (or leave your e-mail/web address in the comments). I have characters and scripts that I would like to share with any serious party. Extra points if you live in the New York area.

If you don't like it, well, this space is meant to be a forum for my developing ideas, so please keep reading. But for now, I intend to call this one "Selfless". Enjoy:

"Selfless" Pitch
Its the end of the world, do you know where your soul is? Tom Carter is on a quest to find out why his is missing. With the help of a magical rap superstar, a sheriff with creeping insanity, and a century old science experiment, he just might figure it out. That is if the monstrous Children of Soggoth, recently awakened, and their hidden puppet masters, don't take over the world first. Tom and his group of outsiders will travel across a deteriorating America in search of a cure to the madness that has taken hold of the populace. Some will try to save the world, others will try to save themselves.

The first three-issue-story arc deals with the Children of Soggoth returning to the Earth in the form of a meteor storm striking the entire world. Upon their landing the minds of people across the globe begin reverting to a bestial state in a violent rejection of societal conditioning. Not that Tom Carter notices. Tom is found by hip-hop mogul B-Rare, and together they must escape Denver. Unfortunately, they are blocked at every turn by violently crazy citizens, sorcerers looking for revenge, and the old beasts of the world which have come looking for blood. All the while, Sheriff Metcalf does what he can to keep the peace. So long as he can keep his sanity that is.

The second arc concerns our players converging on the secret chief's long hidden place of power. Heroes will meet a new ally. The hand behind the world's destruction will reveal himself. A romance will present itself. The secret history of the world will be revealed. But someone must be sacrificed to another dimension. Really? Who?

I have the rest of the story outlined, and we can talk about that if you are interested in drawing it!

As with all projects presented on this site, I cannot offer you money for this series. I would hope that if we are good enough, we could pitch it to Image or some such, after a time. That is the best I can offer. I am an unknown author, but I want to be known by my talents less than my networking skills, thus I want to make a comic before I pitch one. If you are interested in showing the biz what you can do based on your work, then lets do it. If this doesn't grab you, again, stay tuned. I have other ideas about series that might fit your interests. Stay posted.

No comments: